Sheet plywood is a multilayer board glued together from thin sheets of wood (veneer). To create plywood, three or more layers of veneer are used (their number is usually odd). They are laid in such a way that the direction of the wood fibers of adjacent sheets in relation to each other is perpendicular.
Urea-formaldehyde glue is used in the manufacture of FC. The product does not pass water, but the long-term presence of moisture leads to a gradual swelling of the sheet. For this reason, the scope of FC is reduced to interior decoration and furniture manufacturing. For example, it is the best option among the types of plywood for flooring in residential premises.
In terms of physical and mechanical properties, plywood sheets are superior to alternative options. The main advantages of birch plywood:
- It bends easily, which means it can be used to make curved elements. This property is actively used in aircraft and shipbuilding, furniture production.
- Contains tannins - can be dyed without problems. Due to this, it is convenient to use birch plywood to imitate precious wood species - it is well tinted, you can give almost any shade.
- Increased moisture resistance - birch is less hygroscopic than other types of wood.
- Retains properties in the temperature range of -40…+50 °С.
- Birch plywood is not prone to deformation.
- Good resistance to chemicals, plywood sheets are environmentally friendly, suitable for indoor use when using formaldehyde-free adhesives.
- Birch plywood of the highest grades (elite, first) is valued for its decorative effect. Due to its pleasant shades and beautiful wood texture, the material is used for interior decoration, furniture facades are equipped with it.
- Quick assembly and easy handling, can be combined with other building materials
Birch veneer plywood sheets are used in production and everyday life. Main application areas:
- Construction. Plywood is in demand when arranging the floor, when performing interior finishing work, and assembling structures.
- Engineering. The main application is the lining of the ceiling, walls, floor.
- Furniture manufacturing. Birch wood combines affordable cost with aesthetics. After tinting, the front part of the plywood looks no less presentable than valuable wood species.
- Production of racks for warehouses, shops, logistics centers.
- Manufacture of packaging materials (e.g. parcel boxes, food and industrial products).
We are the official dealers of the largest birch plywood production companies, such as Krasny Yakor JSC, Parfinsky Plywood Factory, Lahdenpokh Plywood Mill No. 6 and Murom CJSC.
This guarantees the highest quality and low prices for materials. We will be very glad to see you among our clients. Having bought plywood from us once, you will no longer want to look for a new supplier.